Finishing What We Print
We have a strategy to finish what we print in-house rather than send it to external suppliers. We have invested heavily in a mix of finishing equipment so most of what we print remains in our own hands. This is more efficient both in timeliness as well as safeguarding quality. Of course, this increase in new equipment has placed an onus on our staff and we are really pleased with the way the print finishing team have embraced new processes.
There is still a place for good old fashioned hand finishing and it is surprising the number of jobs which are quicker and more accurate to finish ... by passing them to Leah or Marzena!
Here is a selection of kit and processes kept under our roof!
- Booklet making - this is the ultimate booklet maker, a 20 station Horizon Stitchliner, capable of taking say 300,000 sheets of SRA3 printing and collating, stitching and trimming them into 15,000 40 page A4 booklets in around 5 hours (see how long that takes you by hand!)
- Lamination - matt, gloss or even Duncan's favourite, soft touch lamination, are popular options to add extra quality to your business card, postcard, book, brochure or folder. Our B2 laminator cracks on at up to 2,000 sheets per hour
- Perfect Binding - ideal for binding short run books or reports, incuding books printed in collated order on the Indigo.
- Hardback Binder - for producing hardback covers for photo albums or books
- Calendar wiro binding - we can punch and bind calendars up to A3 size
- Folding - we've got a baby folder for smaller jobs such as leaflets and a bigger MBO folder for sheets up to B2 size
- Scoring - for stocks over 170gsm this scorer provides a perfect crease without crow's feet
Which leaves us with what we don't finish in-house! That's where we turn to trusted partners who know the standards we keep. They know who they are and if your job needs Spot UV, foiling or embossing or complex cut outs we can assure you your printing is in safe hands.
There are great finishing options to make your printing really stand out. We'd love to share ideas with you.